Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thine is the Glory


Thine Is the Glory

1. Thine is the glory,
Risen, conqu'ring Son;
Endless is the vict'ry
Thou o'er death hast won.
Angels in bright raiment
Rolled the stone away,
Kept the folded grave clothes
Where Thy body lay.
                       
2. Lo! Jesus meets us,
Risen, from the tomb;
Lovingly He greets us,
Scatters fear and gloom;
Let His church with gladness
Hymns of triumph sing,
For her Lord now liveth;
Death hath lost its sting.

3. No more we doubt Thee,
Glorious Prince of Life!
Life is naught without Thee;
Aid us in our strife;
Make us more than conqu'rors,
Through Thy deathless love;
Bring us safe through Jordan
With Thy power and love.

Chorus:
Thine is the glory,
Risen, conqu'ring Son;
Endless is the vict'ry
Thou o'er death hast won.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, thanks so much for sharing these hymns this week. I have enjoyed them so much, and the words have stayed with me. Yesterday we attended a Passion Play here in Denver, and the words of your hymn, How does the World Not Cease to Spin, were playing over and over in my mind. It made the experience very meaningful to me. I also was moved by The Weeping Sky. Your imagery is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing, and to your Dad, who introduced these to me.
    ps:I am a Centurion from a couple of years ago and heard about your blog from your Dad's FB page.

    ReplyDelete